ED28 Mogul Base Pulse Start Metal Halide
- ED28 Bulb Type
- Mogul Base
- Clear Finish
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): 65
- 15000 Average Rated Hours
- 5600-14000 Lumens
- Color temperature: 4000K
- Universal Operating Position
- 70W, 100W or 150W
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses metal halides of sodium iodide and scandium iodide
- Most popular and widely used in the HID category
- Used in general lighting as commercial/industrial/outdoor flood lighting where good color and high efficiency are desired
ANSI Code: M98/E , M90/E , M102/E
S4230 , S4231 , S4233