ED28 Metal Halide Lamp
- ED28 Bulb Type
- EP39 (Position Oriented Mogul) Base
- Clear Finish
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): 65
- 10000-20000 Average Rated Hours
- 15000-40000 Lumens
- Color Temperature: 4000K
- Operating Position: Horizontal ± 45°
- 175W, 250W or 400W
Standard (Probe) Start. Enclosed Rated. Specified Burning Position.
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses metal halides of sodium iodide and scandium iodide
- Most popular and widely used in the HID category
- Used in general lighting as commercial/industrial/outdoor flood lighting where good color and high efficiency are desired
ANSI Code: M57/E , M58/E , M59/E
S4272 , S4275 , S4281
|Eligible for Free Ground Shipping||Yes|
|Ready to Ship In||3-5 Days|