BT56 Metal Halide Lamp
- BT56 Bulb Type, Mogul Base
- Clear or Coated Finish
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): 65-70
- 3000-18000 Average Rated Hours
- 105000-170000 Lumens
- 1000W or 1500W
- Universal Burning Position for all bulbs except 1500W - 3400K (BU 105 Operating Position)
Standard (Proble Start). Enclosed Rated
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses metal halides of sodium iodide and scandium iodide
- Most popular and widely used in the HID category
- Used in general lighting as commercial/industrial/outdoor flood lighting where good color and high efficiency are desired
ANSI Code: M47/E , M48/E
S4835 , S4836 , S4837 , S4839
|Eligible for Free Shipping||No|
|Ready to Ship In||3-5 Days|