EDX17 Metal Halide Lamp
- EDX17 Bulb Type, Medium Base
- Clear or Coated Finish
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): 65-70
- 10000 Average Rated Hours, 3000-13300 Lumens
- Universal Burning Position
- 50W, 70W, 100W or 150W
For Use in Open or Enclosed Rated Fixtures
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses metal halides of sodium iodide and scandium iodide
- Most popular and widely used in the HID category
- Used in general lighting as commercial/industrial/outdoor flood lighting where good color and high efficiency are desired
ANSI Code: M110/0 , M98/0 , M90/0 , M102/0
S4846 , S4847 , S4848 , S4849 , S4850 , S4851 , S4852 , S4853
|Eligible for Free Shipping||No|
|Ready to Ship In||3-5 Days|