BT56 Metal Halide Lamp
- BT56 Bulb Type
- E39 (Standard Mogul) Base
- Clear Finish
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): 65
- 12000 Average Rated Hours
- 115000 Lumens
- Color Temperature: 4000K
- Operating Position: Base Up ± 15°
Standard (Probe) Start. Enclosed Rated. Specified Burning Position
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses metal halides of sodium iodide and scandium iodide
- Most popular and widely used in the HID category
- Used in general lighting as commercial/industrial/outdoor flood lighting where good color and high efficiency are desired
ANSI Code: M47/E
|Eligible for Free Shipping||No|
|Ready to Ship In||3-5 Days|