ED28 Metal Halide
- ED28 Bulb Type
- Mogul Base
- Clear or Coated Finish
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): 65-70
- 15000-20000 Average Rated Hours
- 21000-44000 Lumens
- Color Temperature: 3700K or 4000K
- Operating Position: Vertical ± 15°
- 200W, 250W, 320W or 400W
Enclosed Rated. Specified Burning Position.
HID (High Intensity Discharge) Basics:
The operational concept of HID lamps are very similar to fluorescent lamps. HID lamps include Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High Pressure Sodium/Low Pressure Sodium (SOX).
- In an HID lamp, the electrical arc, gasses and metals are contained in the arc tube.
- Like fluorescents, HID lamps require a ballast to control the electrical current in the arc tube.
- HID lamps need a start-up time to reach their full brightness. This usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uses metal halides of sodium iodide and scandium iodide
- Most popular and widely used in the HID category
- Used in general lighting as commercial/industrial/outdoor flood lighting where good color and high efficiency are desired
ANSI Code: M136/E , M153/E , M154/E , M155/E
S4291 , S4239 , S4241 , S4242 , S4247 , S4248